Earlier this week, I finished reading Anybody Out There by Marian Keyes. I love Marian Keyes, she has a fantastic writing style, and I love her awesome female characters and the gorgeous sexy men for whom they spread their well-formed legs. I was really looking forward to this new book because it was big and looked meaty and delightful.Let me tell you, it was not delightful. I was not filled with delight by this book. I spent the entire weekend crying my goddamn eyes out. I swear to you, the first 25% of the book, you're mostly curious and confused, and then the remaining 75% of the book, you'll spend bawling so hard you can't possibly read the words on the page.
This is not to say that the book wasn't excellent, because it truly was. It just made me feel like I wanted to die.
When Eric noticed I was crying, he was quite alarmed. We were sitting on the couch in the sunny afternoon, he was playing Paper Mario, and I was reading my book. He was understandably preoccupied with his video game, so he didn't notice that I had been silently weeping for five minutes. This unfortunately meant that he jumped when I suddenly I screamed "Give me the tissue box!!!!!" Then he watched, appalled while I cried for the next two hours, mopping and licking up my tears and snot.
I had to take breaks from my book all weekend, and it took ages to finish the thing. I usually eagerly read through books very fast, but every time I picked it up, I'd be crying within a minute. It was very draining.
On Saturday morning, I had to go poo. I don't ever go poo without a book, unless it's a tragic accident wherein I think I'm going to go pee, but then I sit down and halfway through my pee, a piece of poo sticks its head out and goes "Look at me...fllllllllllorp!", and is halfway out of my butt by the time my pee is finished. And then I'm angry because I have no book. Most of the time, if this starts to happen, I frantically call out to Eric to bring me a book because some poo is sneaking out. Then he'll bring me a book and everything will be fine. But sometimes, I might be at home by myself, or Eric may be pooing in the other washroom, and then there's no one to bring me a book. I am forced to sit there reading nothing while I poo. Angrily.
So anyway, I had to poo on Saturday morning, so I took my book and went to the washroom. I sat down. I opened my book. I started pooing. I started crying. It was the first time that I've ever felt the simultaneous evacuation of tears and feces from my body at the same time. I sorrowfully felt my poo (wet and slippery, solid but with an almost oily consistency) push slowly but deliberately out of my poo-hole, as tears ran down my face, and I gulped for air between sobs. It was very odd, and felt very wrong. I now understand why bawling and defecating don't go together like ramma lamma lamma ke-dingity dingy dong. Because you're subtly distracted in an incomparable way as the air gently fills with the aroma of stool. It feels gross and ridiculous. But that's what I did on Saturday.
Bet you didn't think this was going to be a poo post.
6 comments:
I'm kind of impressed with how many times you managed to cram the word "poo" into your post. It was poo-tastic!
crying while defecating. Sounds like quite the ab workout.
You make poo classy. And I like that.
best regards, nice info Blood pressure in adults Wordbiz scrabble Tennessee accutane legal Scholarships for law school and african women
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it 1500 faxing loan no payday Gloria vanderbilt skin care products vegan weight loss diet King gmc loveland co Sexual side effect solutions when taking celexa back monster dick overnight imitrex Acuvue advanced ultra comfort series Buy ionamin forte Camcorder gr vitamin k acne where does soccer mainly take place in brazil
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! lasic eye surgery proactiv skin brightner Compare+homeowners+insurance+companies Sunsitter awnings Art cartoon sex care proactiv skin kinerase Ladies toilet pee voip phone alaska Orange county breast enlargement Latex allergies and workers compensation Proactiv kit Kia ate brake caliper Proactiv solution-deutsche site
Post a Comment