Last Christmas at the condo potluck holiday party, Eric and I made friends with two other young couples who lived in the building. Rosy and Alvin, Brenda and Warren. We've all gotten together a few times now, and the guys have gotten together even more, to play video games and stuff. Everyone is asian (except for Eric, he is not asian).We get along really well, and they're all extremely nice. At first I thought that we were all about the same age. They had all gotten married recently as well, and they looked like us. But upon further investigation, I was surprised to find that they are all older than us, by like at least 5 years. They are all in their thirties. We, if you don't recall, are in our twenties.
On a side note, every time Alvin calls, he asks if he interrupted us having the sex. He seems to think we have the sex every moment that he doesn't see us. I'm not sure why, maybe he feels that because we are young newlyweds and Eric is white, perhaps the combination makes us uncontrollably randy. We haven't once been having the sex when he calls, but I plan to start telling him that we are, with descriptions.
We went to see a movie together last Tuesday. There is a movie theatre across the street, and so we met in the lobby and walked over as a group. (Carol and Eric: "Hey guys, sorry we're late, we thought Alvin as going to call again or something" Alvin: "Uhhh, sure guys. You sure you weren't in the middle of something else?" Guffaw guffaw)
As we walked over to the theatre, I became acutely aware of a difference between the other girls and myself. They are tiny. They are thirty-something and teeny tiny. Both are normal height, but they have cute little butts the size of cereal bowls. They have trim little waists with no love handles. They have no double chins. They have slim little thighs that don't strain against their jeans like they're trying to escape. Their clothes fit them properly. They look fantastic, and are incredibly successful and kind. They are giving me a complex.
My ass is a monstrosity. My waist is slowly disapearing, widening more every day. I have a double chin the size of a medium banana. My thighs think it's Jigglefest every day, and are definitely straining to escape my jeans. None of my clothes fit.
I'm going to go cry now. I hate you Rosy and Brenda. (I'm going to be embarrassed about saying that if they start reading my blog...but I guess I'll tear down that bridge when I blorpingly roll into it.)
3 comments:
Awwww!! You're so cute! I feel bad for you. Look at it this way, you probably have the best hubby. And you're probably the most fun, and the best hostess and chef. And probably have way better friends. Besides, you still look good, despite your recent weight gain. Just remember, when you're ready to lose a pound or two, I'll be there to help you. I miss you! Have fun on your trip, I'm super jealous. Why is everyone getting to go to Italy before me? I'm the one that's actually half Italian :)
What was the reasoning behind choosing that picture??
Somehow I don't think putting down the husbands of the friends as well as the friends of the friends is the best approach to getting around the complex. If anything at all, I think these new friends must be pretty special since they are able to look beyond outer beauty (not to say that you are unattractive). That is probably why you think they are extremely nice people because they don't judge a book by its cover. I suspect that they are interested in being your friends because of your great personality and sense of humour. I think as people get older, they look for and accept different qualities in friends compared to what they were looking for in their early twenties. Unless you and the other girls are vying for Canada's next top model, you should accept your new friends for who they are just as they accept you for who you are. The key is that you guys all get along well, isn't that the most important quality in meeting friends? I think Alvin is actually giving you guys a compliment when he is always asking whether he is disturbing you guys because he probably can't imagine what else hot looking newlywed couples would be doing with all their free time. {;o)
Italiano, get a life!! Stop blogging and go travelling. I've been to Italy as well and there's not a trace of Italian in me! {:oP
Post a Comment