Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I don't think I'm doing it right

I don't get it with playgrounds. Now that the weather is warmer, I take Dylan to the park a lot to tire him out and to get him fresh air. I remember when I was a kid, parks used to be super fun and time would speed up while we were there. Now that I'm a mom, time SLOWS at the park.

We get there, and we go to the slides. I contort my body and twist out my neck trying to get both Dylan and myself to the tops of these playgrounds and we go down the big slides together. Dylan loves slides so he has a great time. We go back up maybe five times, playing with all the steering wheels and spinning attachments on the way up. We swoosh down with him giggling and loving it.

Then I take him to the swings and push him in the swing for a good long while, at least until he starts to look bored. I check my watch.

11 minutes have passed.

I'm convinced that the park I frequent sits on some kind of ripple in the space time continuum.

1 comment:

the other gay said...

A fat ripple created from continuous jamocha butternut triple ripple gelato consumption? We took Hercules and Enrique to the park and they did nut like the slide. You're a blog fiend today. :p