Eric and I love Paris. It's our favourite city in the world, which I know makes us wildly unoriginal but we don't care. We love the food, all the buildings, the food, and all the food. We are especially obsessed with Laduree.Laduree is a patisserie/restaurant, and they make lusciously decadent pastries and croissants. Chief among these is the MACARON. I can't tell you how much we love these almond biscuits sandwiching assorted fillings of jams and flavoured buttercreams. My favourite flavour is rose, and Eric's is pistachio. They are slightly crispy - but not unyielding - on the outside, soft and moist and chewy on the inside. The fillings are not too sweet, but bursting with spurty orgasmic flavour. Don't tell people, but one time we had sex using macarons as tasty lickables. Too much information? Yeah. What did you expect.
A typical day for us in Paris goes as follows:
- Wake up
- Go to Laduree to buy a large assortment of croissants and macarons
- Sit on random bench and eat croissants and macarons
- Go to a museum
- Sit on random bench and eat croissants and macarons
- Go somewhere awesome for lunch
- Sit on random bench and eat croissants and macarons
- Go to Laduree to restock on croissants and macarons
- Climb the Eiffel Tower
- Return to hotel to dress for dinner while snacking on croissants and macarons
- Go somewhere delicious and highly acclaimed for dinner
- Watch the Eiffel Tower light up at Trocadero
- Go back to hotel and take turns having showers. The person not showering eats macarons in bed.
- Do the sexy sex (I prefer doing it doggy-style in Paris because any macaron crumbs that are still on the bed from snacking, I can lick up while Eric takes care of business)
- Sleep
Eric's mom and sister just got back from a trip to Paris. I had prepared a list of things they should eat there, and the top of that list was of course Laduree. But I'll skip to the end, because it's the best part:
They brought Laduree macarons back for us!!
They are only good for 2 or 3 days, so they were very anxious to see us right away. I shrieked with uncontainable glee and almost crapped my pants when they pulled the familiar pale green box out of their goody bag.
Eric and I just sat across from each other at the dining table after putting Dylan to bed and taking showers. We ate each and every single one. We wept. And now, since I've cut out sugar to lose weight and my body isn't used to having sugar in it anymore, my heart is racing and I feel very dizzy. But I don't care.
I love you, Paris.
I love you, macarons.
No comments:
Post a Comment