We heart our Mazda Protege5. It's midnight blue, and is a peppy little car, eager to squeeze into tight places. It has a moonroof, and four-wheel disc-brakes. We took over the lease of it a year and a half ago, and we knew our time with it would be short. Little did we realize how much we would come to love our little protege. I mean, Protege5.The lease is up for the car at the end of the month, and we had been debating whether to buy it out. Then my dad announced that he wanted to buy himself a new car, a RAV4. And he offered to give us his current car, a black 1998 Nissan Altima. Free car!!! FREE CAR!!!
Yessssssssss.
We accepted. No more car payments! I was stoked. That's almost an extra $400 a month!
Eric has the Mazda today, so he can leave work faster. I had nothing for lunch and needed to run out and buy a sandwich. Since my dad and I work in the same office, I went through his jacket pockets and took his car keys and went out to the parking lot. I opened the door to the car and got in. And oh god, this car was stinky! It smelled like old chinese man!!
There were crumpled up kleenex all over the place. There was a piece of bread sitting on the floor. Some loud mandarin woman was singing in the cd player. And the whole car had a chinese medicinal sweaty quality about it.
It's okay, after I got back, I told everybody at the office that my dad's car is stinky, and that his steering wheel is sticky. Now they think he's some kind of car pervert. Which he might be.
3 comments:
well, the car is free... You could alwasy try driving really really fast with the windows down. That should take care of the smell. Just fabrease it twice a day (and maybe a steam clean?) and you should be good to go.
There's a few places around where I live that actually clean cars as their busines...you guys should come and visit :D I have beer!
hey...I'm agreeing with Brandon...take the car and run! Think of all the great things you could buy with that extra $400 a month...or you could do the un-me thing and save it. But spending it is more fun! And take it to a car detailer to get the smell out. Or burn it and take the insurance money.
Is it gross that I've had my car for almost 3 years and the entent of my cleaning of the interior has been one of those armor all wipe pads across my dashboard and windshield while I was stuck in traffic? Yeah, so let me know when you get your dad's car and we can clean our cars together. :)
Post a Comment