About a month ago at work, Steve the Caretaker came by and hustled everyone into giving him ten dollars for a lottery pool. You had to pick six numbers and then they would check the 649 numbers, and the first person to have all six of their numbers chosen would win the pot. Well, not the whole pot, Steve the Caretaker was going to take some of the money and buy some picnic tables for outside.I told Steve the Caretaker I didn't want in, because I never win stuff. He pressured and cajoled me, and I told him to tempt me not. Then he went around to everyone else in my room, and got money and numbers from all of them. Then he came back to me and made me feel small and miserly and selfish for not particpating. Then he made me pick six numbers and took ten dollars. Steve the Caretaker is a bastard.
I just totally lost. I wasn't even close to winning - I had 3 of my six numbers, while tons of other people were just waiting for their final number. I never win stuff! This guy in my room named Brent won.
Damn you, Brent. And damn you, Steve the Caretaker.
1 comment:
Fantastic!
Post a Comment