Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Nothing is happening

The complaints are pouring in.

"Carol, there's nothing new on your blog."

"If you're not going to update your blog, don't put it in your msn name it's very misleading!"

"Carol, you're too hot for words, how do you do it?"

All are valid comments. So I promised to post something new...and I have nothing. Nada. Nothing is happening in the Life of Newlyweds. Last week, I was kind of down. With my 26th birthday coming up, I haven't been in the best of moods, and I'm convinced I haven't done enough growing. But who wants to write about that?

Last night, I made a giant lemon cheesecake. It must have weighed 10 pounds. I use the people at work as guinea pigs for my culinary adventures, and they all said it was delicious. This means that they couldn't detect the arsenic, which is what I was hoping. Success!

Also last night, Eric did some laundry, including my new Victoria's Secret robe. Then he hung it up to dry on top of our existing robes behind the bedroom door. Who does this? Our existing robes therefore became damp.

This past weekend was Chinese New Year, and for the first time, I was responsible for giving out cash to people. This is a barbarous practice inflicted on newlyweds, for the Chinese are a cruel people. See also 'foot binding'. Only I never had to do that.

My highlights are growing out.

I'm not sleeping well, and the new hairdryer we bought likes to savagely suck in the ends of my hair and not let go, causing me to have to pitifully pull them out, snapping each strand apart, the acrid smell of burning hair hanging like death in the bathroom air. We need to return that piece of crap.

My left knee hurts.

Eric started spelling it "nasagna", which I find cute. My Wusthof knives are heaven to use, it doesn't matter what I'm cutting, it feels like I'm cutting a peeled hard-boiled egg.

And that is about it. I will end with a spontaneous haiku.

Winter makes me ill
Inwardly my soul vomits
Eric cleans it up

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sentence seems out of place...and it makes me very angry: "Eric started spelling it "nasagna", which I find cute"

Anonymous said...

that was by far the funniest haiki i've ever read in my full of haiki life.

Anonymous said...

How come Eric doesn't write more entries? Otherwise it should be the "Life of a New Wife" (see, rhymes) - because Carol's blogs are hilarious and well-written.

Anonymous said...

haiki = HAIKU
lol

Anonymous said...

duck blares, pensive ponds
drink, teeth palpitate idly
ornate musky firm

Anonymous said...

That random sentence also makes me angry... is he trying to spell lasagna?

And why is everyone posting anonymous, including me.... secretive bastards!

Anonymous said...

If you're not going to sign your name the very least you could do is come up with an original name. By the way, thanks anonymous #1 for pointing out the spelling error. I mean really, if good times didn't know how to spell it, they should have referred to the blog again.

WailingDuck said...

Hey hey, anonymous "lick my poo" person.

That's not nice. If you're going to request that people put their tongue on your feces, then the least you can do is leave a name.

Be a man. Do the right thing.

-Carol

P.S. Unless the person who wrote the poo-licking comment actually IS falcon beach, being bored. Which I can also see happening.

Iain said...

Carol:

Clearly "lick my poo" was an idle threat. If the person was actually kinky (read: interesting in some way), then they'd have left a name...

For shame.

Anonymous said...

So sexy...

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » »