Huh. Three and a half months since the last post. Is anyone even out there? I'll bet not. I'll just write this for myself. This blog can become like a personal journal for me alone, and I can read my own stories, chuckling at my own folly and cleverness. What a good time I will have!Much has happened in the last three and a half months. Time marched forward and life progressed and we will none of us ever be the same again. Right now Eric is upstairs trying to get Dylan down to sleep. And you read correctly, I did say "upstairs" because...
We Bought a House and Moved Into It
Our beloved condo had become the bane of our collective existence. I would walk from the kitchen to the TV area and trip on a toy, followed by a bra, followed by a forgotten reusable bag of organic vegetables, followed by Dylan who was crouched over picking dried food off the floor and trying to eat it.
After a fruitless 6 months of house hunting, we finally came across a house we both loved. Up until that point, we hadn't even found a house ONE of us loved. The closest we had come was one house that Eric sort of liked out of desperation that we would never find anything else. Allow me to assure you, that house was terrible.
We had mistakenly been searching for an older house with "character". We were looking in old Markham Village, which is a lovely neighbourhood with older homes on large 60' lots. We had friends who had bought a similarly aged home in North York and then did extensive renovations to make it into a stunningly lovely and charming family home. Armed with these delusions of grandeur, we set out to do the same thing.
After the aforementioned 6 months of this, we went to hang out at the home of Grant and Roslyn, our friends in Stouffville. They have a nice, modern, newly built home in a brand new subdivision. The ceilings were high and the layout was open. And Eric started having doubts about our grand plan. Then our friend Chris bought a townhome in Angus Glen. It was also nice, modern, with high ceilings and an open layout. In addition, Chris has renovated his house in the spirit of his late grandfather's amazing cottage which now belongs to a bunch of Asian people (that last part is unrelated to anything).
Eric lives his life in hopes of becoming a combination of a number of people. These people include (among others) Luke, Batman, and Chris. When Eric first got a glimpse of Chris' new home, that was the beginning of the end of our charming older-house search. We emailed our realtor and expanded our search criteria.
Two weeks later, we had successfully purchased our first home. And the timing is just right because...
We Have Once Again Merged Loins And Been Fruitful
We're pregnant! We are extremely excited.
Let me tell you, it is not easy to be trying to conceive and to NOT blog about it. Especially if you are me and your blog regularly contains too much information. But no matter, I will share it with you now.
Getting the sexytimes in this time around was way harder than the first time. When we were trying for Dylan, I kind of guessed at the general timeframe ovulation was expected, and then we humped like animals at least twice a day for a week. Tada! Fertilized egg. We were very lucky. This time, we tried to do the same thing, but it's impossible to do the sexytimes twice a day. Firstly, of course Eric works. I do not work, but I look after a rambunctious toddler all day, and that's really effective at drying up any sexy juices I might have had. Secondly, even if it were a weekend and Eric was home, it's not practical or good parenting to say "Okay one-year-old, go amuse yourself for about 15 minutes, Mommy needs to get nailed by Daddy."
Our babymaking sexytimes were basically confined to bedtime. At that point in the day we were, without fail, both exhausted and not in the mood. Dylan will always be the child we made out of love. The Dylan-making sexytimes were fun and awesome. This child I am currently gestating will always be the child we made under duress. Good times were rarely had by any in the making of this child. To give you an idea of the lack of romance, instead of calling them "sexytimes", we actually started calling them "squirtytimes".
Anyway, it took four months of squirtytimes, but a squirt finally made it to the finish line, claimed the prize, and brought it home. It's going to be fun when the baby is old enough to read this blog entry.
I will end with a contemplative haiku:
New house: where I live
Fetus lives in its new house
A.K.A my flesh
2 comments:
I was like...the new board game you've been raving about is the game of Life? Baby #2 is gonna love the cute play area. :)
Congratulations! I am gestating my second baby too!
Hubby was really looking forward to making another baby. Ha, ha! Jokes on him! We were successful on the fist try. Seriously. Not just the first month, the first try!
Sexytimes no more. Poor hubby.
Post a Comment