Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Santa Visit 2009 - Take One

This morning I took Dylan to get his hair cut in preparation for his Santa pictures. He had two new outfits and it's getting close to Christmas so it seemed like a good time to get this checked off our list.

Last year I took Dylan to three different malls and got three different sets of Santa pictures. We did Markville Mall first, where the Santa was nice and jolly but also morbidly obese. Then we did Bayview Village where Santa was thinner and handsomer, but kind of crusty. Both of these visits resulted in lovely pictures. Then I pushed my luck and took Dylan to Yorkdale where the Santa looked REALLY perfect. But it was not a good day and Dylan wouldn't stop crying, so it turned out to be one of *those*pictures. I thought it rounded out my collection nicely.

After spending like a hundred dollars on those visits this year, I realized it was fairly ridiculous to go to three different mall Santas. So this year we're only going to do two. I live, I learn, I grow.

Today we did the Markville Mall Santa with my mom. My brother and father came along too. It did not go well.

I spent about ten minutes trying to psyche Dylan up for it. I kept telling him repeatedly that he was going to meet Santa Claus and we would wave to him and say "hi", and then he was going to sit on Santa's lap and smile, and we would take a nice picture of him with Santa and then it would be all finished. He seemed pretty cool with it, and started to get kind of interested.

They opened and we were first in line. We went up and Dylan waved to Santa. Then he said "hi". Then I went to put him in Santa's lap. Dylan screamed bloody murder and started bucking back and forth. He screamed "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" and tried to claw his way to his gramma.

And then he punched Santa in the face.

Santa's head whipped back in recoil, and then Santa was pissed.

Carol: "Oh my god, Santa I'm sorry! Are you okay??"

Santa: (tightlipped and glaring) "Yes. I'm fine."

Carol: "Um. Okay, Santa."

Dylan continued to cry like he was being tortured, and then they snapped the picture.

Next we'll try our luck at Bayview Village with Eric's mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you at least tip the Santa after he was punched in the face by your kid?

WailingDuck said...

No, I've never thought about tipping Santa. Are you supposed to do that?

the other gay said...

What ever happened with the Santa at Bayview Village?