Today Eric called Rogers to try to deal with a problem I had:Rogers: Rogers Customer Service, how may I help you?
Eric: Hi, my son threw my wife's iPhone 3GS on the floor and the screen cracked. Is there anything you can do for me?
Rogers: Let me check...I'm sorry sir, but your wife isn't eligible for a hardware upgrade. I can't help you, but you can purchase a new iPhone 4 for $749.
Eric: No thank you, goodbye.
He then hung up and immediately called back.
Rogers: Rogers Customer Service, how may I help you?
Eric: Can you please put me through to the Cancellation Department?
Rogers: Yes, please hold.
(music music)
Rogers: Rogers Cancellation Department, how may I help you?
Eric: Hi, I would like to cancel my wife's wireless phone plan.
Rogers: What is the reason?
Eric: My son threw my wife's iPhone 3GS on the floor and the screen cracked.
Rogers: All right sir...well, we would like to keep your wife as a customer. You can purchase a new iPhone 4 for a discounted price of $269 to replace the one that's broken.
Eric: Okay.
Spontaneous Haiku:
You hold the power
It doesn't need to make sense
Ha ha ha Rogers
2 comments:
Just before moving I called Telus & Shaw (the internet & cable providers here in Whistler) to switch things up before we moved to our new place.
I couldn't BELIEVE what a deal you can get when you call to cancel service - it's so frustrating that they'll offer you the same thing for 1/2 the price and that I had been paying the "full" amount for two years.
It's so bassackwards that people are rewarded for this kind of thing, but have been trained to be that person who will call to cancel just to see what they'll offer me.
Anyway, enjoy your new phone!
One of my co-workers has cracked her screen a few times, either dropping it or her daughter dropping it. You can probably go to pacific mall and get a new screen for $100, this is what she did...though not pacific mall, but something like it in wateloo :)
xo
Post a Comment