Sunday, November 13, 2005

Now I want a new house, too

We went to a wicked housewarming party this weekend. It was in Elmira, which is a suburb of Kitchener/Waterloo. Jordan and Lindsey (shown left, picture stolen from Chris Robb's website) bought their house back in the summer before their wedding. The house is extremo lovely, with upgraded stainless steel appliances and ceramic tile everywhere. And a 42" Sony TV! Eric immediately went to Best Buy today to see about financing options to also get a 42" Sony TV.

Now I'm itching for a house, too! I have friends buying up houses everywhere...Hilda bought a condo, Jordan and Lindsey bought their lovely Elmira home, and Rob bought a house in Ottawa. David sold his part of his condo, and while that's in the opposite direction, it still has to do with property and the buying and selling thereof. It's everything I can do to continue believing that renting is the best thing for us right now! These are the reasons: we don't want to live in hardcore suburbia yet, and we just can't afford to buy anything in this area that's any bigger than the size of a large broom closet.

Speaking of sizes of large broom closets, allow me to bemoan my ass again: We ate a very big buffet lunch today at the Hilton, and it's probably really not helping matters. It was my brother Derek's 21st birthday party, and we had a party at the restaurant at the Hilton Suites Hotel, same place Eric and I got married. My ass is still overly large, and I tried on my John Orr dress today, and it's not looking quite as attractive as I recall, due largely in part to the giant fat rolls cascading down the front of the dress, and the way my thighs are growing sideways. Eric is downstairs working out at the condo gym right now, because he has become very sensitive to comments regarding his weight, and he doesn't like his face fat. Me...well, I'm clearly sitting here on the aforementioned ass, posting to the web blog.

Anyway, congratulations on your amazing new house, Jordan and Lindsey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Eric, call me over anytime and I'll give you a workout when your wife is too tired.

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
»

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »