Saturday, November 26, 2005

Speak!!

We were (I was) waiting for Rent the movie to come out for months and months! We finally went to go see it last night. You may be asking, "If you were such a Rent keener, why didn't you go when it came out on Wednesday?" In which case, I would reply "America's Next Top Model was on Wednesday, and on Thursday we had to go to Eric's parents' house for 'American Thanksgiving'. And why do you care? Why are you being an ass by asking a question like that?"

Anyway, it was really awesome. Really really awesome. It was very true to the original musical, and since 6 out of the 8 original cast members were in the movie, the music all sounded right.

And Roger was so hot. Taye Diggs also. Wow. I'm in full crush mode! As usually happens when you put gorgeous men with gorgeous singing voices in front of me. I'm especially hungry for gorgeous men who can sing because as wonderful as Eric is, he is heinously tonedeaf and has no rhythm at all. In some ways it's sad, because that's SUCH turn on for me, but in some ways it's extremely impressive, because it means he got the top job without having one of the major qualifications. Ten points for Eric! But seriously, after watching Rent, I'm kind of wishing that I had a heroin addiction so that my hot ex-junkie boyfriend would grab me by the shoulders and shake me while singing furiously.

It would appear that my fantasies have taken an odd turn.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Gael,

Apparently, Rent isn't doing so hot in the box office. People like us will have to go watch it multiple times to help generate hype.

Frosh

Anonymous said...

Why rent when you can own for the same price? What, huh, oh wrong rent. Whatever, at least I know it's Simon Says not Simon said, whoever played Simon Said?