Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Willing to work for discount

I'm normally a respectable lazy person, who prefers to be sitting on a couch rather than doing something active, and who prefers lying on the aforementioned couch rather than sitting on it. But offer me an opportunity to get a 40% discount on Williams-Sonoma merchandise, and I'm all over it like shit on a fat kid*!

So I decided to apply for a seasonal position at Williams-Sonoma, just for the holidays. My interview was on Saturday, and I have to be honest, I rocked it really hard. There's no way they could have NOT hired me. So my orientation is on Sunday, and I probably start working next week. I have prepared for my new job by making a list of all the things I plan to buy with my discount.

Go me!

* This expression was coined by my roommate Gloria in 2002. She liked to use sayings like "I'm all over it like a fat kid on a Smartie" and "Same shit, different hole" (which, I've got to say, is the wrong use of that saying...I'm pretty sure she meant Same shit, different PILE, because really how improbably disgusting is it that the same shit is coming out of a different hole?). Anyway, one day Gloria was about to casually toss out one of those gems in a conversation and got them muddled. Thus, "All over it like shit on a fat kid" was born. Variations include "Same shit, different fat kid" and "All over that like Smarties on shit" and "Shit all over fat kids like Smarties in different holes".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol, this post gets my award for "Malapropism of the Day"! :)

Love,
Iain

Anonymous said...

Okie, I would just like to say..may be fat kids have shit on them.....like if they were really that fat...they wouldn't know if they forgot to wipe properly.