Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sleeping with Eric

Hahahaha...did you think I was going to post something about doing the sex with Eric? You're silly. Silly and WRONG!

Our new bed arrived yesterday! We ordered a Sealy Posturpedic KING SIZE bed last week from Sleep Country Canada, and two rather clean delivery men brought it yesterday. It was complete heaven. I never once had to touch Eric at all during the night. Even if I had wanted to, I would have had to skootch over really far! I'm content with staying on my side.

The issue of getting a new bed came up several weeks ago when Eric had trouble sleeping for two nights in a row. The problem wasn't so much that he was having trouble sleeping, it was more how he chose to deal with it. He decided that a good way to try and induce sleep was to launch himself into the air, perform a quarter-turn, and land on another side of his body. Continuously. Eric is not a fat man by any means, but he is also not a skinny waif man. His muscular form came crashing down, limbs flailing on our small double bed over and over again until I started screaming profanitities. The honeymoon was officially over. The sexy and intimate novelty of sleeping close together on a double bed had finally worn off. We decided we needed the largest bed our room could accomodate.

We ended up with this king size monstrosity, and our room is basically just one huge bed. It's good times. I highly recommend king size beds to all people. My cousin Loy (who doesn't currently suck, by the way) and his wife actually went one step further and got separate duvets for their king size bed, so they don't even have to share blankets. We'll have to see if we need to do that too...I kind of think no, but it's definitely something to keep in mind.

In other news, I dined at Sukiyaki for lunch today, and nothing tasted like socks.

I will end with a pre-meditated haiku:

Posturpedic bed
UniCased and flexible

You! Stay on your side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your haiku's make me laugh so hard! the laugh is quite comparable as the one evoked by your 'scream' ;-)

Anonymous said...

what a tease-ah, I am very lucky happy looking forwards to reading about doing the sex with Eric-ah