Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Grossest soup ever

I've always thought it was difficult to screw up soup. There are certainly soups I don't like (cream of mushroom, anything with cheese melted in, etc), but I'm sure other people enjoy them.

I'm on training this week. I'm downtown at Yonge and Bloor in the SAP Training Centre. I've been here before, and SAP training courses have a few perks:

  • Free drinks and free snacks
  • Lipton Cup-a-Soup in the student lounge
  • Free lunch


We get vouchers for lunch down at the food court, and we can use the vouchers at:

  • Sukiyaki
  • Mr. Souvlaki
  • Manchu Wok
  • Druxy's
  • Lemon Grass
  • Soup It Up
  • Bacaro's Italian Eatery
  • Roasty Jack's


Yesterday I went to Lemon Grass, and I got a great thai chicken with rice thing, with shrimp spring rolls. The shrimp spring rolls were lame. But otherwise, it was a tasty choice. Today, I opted for Soup It Up. I got clam chowder and an egg salad sandwich. Sandwich was excellent. Soup was horrible. Really horrible. Eating it gave me the feeling of the smell of sweaty socks steeped in half and half cream. It was gross to the max. I didn't even try to finish it. Instead I came back up to the student lounge and I made myself a nice packet of Lipton Cup-a-Soup.

Class is about to start again. Better go. I will end with a spontaneous haiku.

Soup It Up is gross
Slurp the poison down your throat
Taste the sweaty bile

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or do the haiku's at the end of the blog seem less spontaneous and more of a way to end the entry? And really, what can you expect from food court Clam Chowder? Moron :)

Anonymous said...

you never should have expected clam chowder soup to taste good in a food court...actually, it never tastes good, nor smells good, it's the most disgusting thing ever.

WailingDuck said...

I do realize this now, although I had supposed that because it was a place that specialized in soups, that it might not be so bad.

I am now burping the sock chowder, by the way.

Heidi said...

Does it taste worse the second time around?

You should stick to the spring roll place. You can't go wrong with spring rolls, mmm...hey, is there a place in Kingston that I can get spring rolls?

Anonymous said...

Well, that definitly sounds gross. As for good rolls in kingston, there's always silver wok (love there combo G, and noboy I know has complained about their spring rolls), and there's also Dong Nai, which has some good food, and again, nobody I know has complained about the spring rolls there.

WailingDuck said...

Spring Rolls isn't covered in my voucher. Otherwise, I'd be all over that like sperm on a hooker at the end of a long night.

Dong Nai is decent, those are Vietnamese spring rolls. Silver Wok is sadly the best option for Chinese food in Kingston, but everything is very oily. And you get mighty Cantonese-flavoured burps.

Anonymous said...

I take it you're referring to the hooker that doesn't swallow? Isn't this a family-read blog? Although I suppose having Carol in their family has probably tainted them enough.